New Hampshire

The State of New Hampshire has 10 counties, each with their own trial courts. The Superior Court handles civil cases with a minimum claim of $1,500 and has exclusive jurisdiction over cases with claims exceeding $25,000 in damages. The Superior Court also handles felony criminal cases. Any appellate review is heard by the Supreme Court.

The three largest municipalities in New Hampshire are Manchester, Nashua, and Concord.

Complaints regarding the competency or ethics of your attorney should be made with the Disciplinary Counsel of New Hampshire Supreme Court Attorney Discipline System. To report an attorney, you must write a letter, which includes the name and address of the attorney and a detailed description of the lawyer’s conduct, and sign an Oath Form and Certification of Copies Form. The complaint should be mailed to 4 Chenell Drive, Suite 102, Concord, NH 03301.

Contact Information